Benjamin Franklin Charter School offers enriching free half-day and full-day Kindergarten program options. We believe that children are very capable and are ready to be challenged. In our program, students are taught Kindergarten level curriculum during the first semester of the school year where students are reading after a few months. Students are taught 1st grade level curriculum during the second semester of their Kindergarten school year and are prepared to learn 2nd grade level curriculum in their 1st grade school year.
Highlights of Our Program
- Free half-day and full-day Kindergarten program options
- All school supplies provided for your child at no cost
- Strong focus on civics and virtues
- Well-rounded program, including phonics, spelling, reading, math and science
- Certified teachers, including Spalding certification
- Daily reading, small groups, individual attention and thematic units
- Recess three times per day
- Art once per week and P.E./Music twice per week
- Additional events include: holiday concert, class parties, and field trips
- Clubs, sports, and camps
- Direct instruction method and sequential teaching
- Instructional Assistant in every Kindergarten classroom, and parent volunteers are always welcome!
Kindergarten Enrollment FAQs
- What documents do we need to upload to enroll my child?
- When do we find out our child is officially enrolled?
- When do we know if our child has full-day, AM or PM Kindergarten?
- What happens if I miss the priority deadline?
- Can I request a teacher?
- Do I need to have a Parent Portal account set up to complete enrollment?
- What if I don’t have access to a computer?
- Do we need to pay tuition for kindergarten?
- When is Early Kindergarten Testing?
- Who is considered for Early Kindergarten Testing?
- How much does Early Kinder Testing cost?
What documents do we need to upload to enroll my child?
When do we find out our child is officially enrolled?
When do we know if our child has full-day, AM or PM Kindergarten?
What happens if I miss the priority deadline?
Can I request a teacher?
Do I need to have a Parent Portal account set up to complete enrollment?
What if I don’t have access to a computer?
Do we need to pay tuition for kindergarten?
When is Early Kindergarten Testing?
Who is considered for Early Kindergarten Testing?
How much does Early Kinder Testing cost?
- What supplies do we need to purchase?
- Can you describe a typical day in the life of a BFCS Kindergartener?
- What is Spalding?
- How is homework assigned, and what does it consist of?
- Do they have snacks in Kindergarten?
- What specials do you offer Kindergarteners?
- How many recesses a day do Kindergarteners get?
- How much time do Kindergarteners receive for lunch?
- Does BFCS offer clubs and sports for Kindergarteners?
- Do you have after-school care for Kindergarteners?
- How does BFCS communicate with parents/guardians?
- Are there any opportunities for parents/guardians to volunteer?
- How can I help prepare my child for Kindergarten at BFCS?