New Teacher Induction Program
New teachers participate in an Induction Program regardless of prior teaching experience. This is a robust yearlong continuum of induction and mentoring services to new teachers in a confidential and effective manner.
Our mission is to provide a consistent system of structure/routines and support encouraging and guiding new teachers into the Benjamin Franklin Charter School system developed to strengthen our teacher talent while enhancing the student experience.
- Leveraging the expertise of campus Principals, Talent Acquisition – New Teacher Advisor, Teacher Mentors, Instructional Support Staff, and Veteran Teachers for the purpose of providing support to new BFCS teachers.
- Developing trusting relationships, creating collaborative communities, enhancing professional satisfaction, and offering engaging professional growth and reflection opportunities designed to elevate teacher and student achievement.
- Providing support and guidance regarding the school organization’s vision, mission, and policies and procedures.
- Coaching new teachers with their instructional delivery skills including communication skills, classroom management, effective teaching methods, lesson planning, effective assessment practices, data analysis, and reflection.
- Assisting new teachers in resolving instructional and professional issues they may encounter.
- Creating a feedback and action cycle to continuously improve.
- Fostering a community of lifelong learners.
We look forward to you joining our team of lifelong learners!