PUT YOUR TAX DOLLARS TO WORK FOR YOU!
In 2014 alone, Arizona state taxpayers contributed approximately $51 million in school tax credits to district and charter schools.
Every dollar you designate to BFCS in support of extracurricular activities OR character programs reduces your state tax liability DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR!
How much can I donate?
Married couples filing jointly may contribute up to $400 while individuals/head of households may claim up to $200, and more than one state tax credit can be
Can I designate where my contribution goes?
Yes, as long as the activity falls into the following categories:
- Considered extracurricular OR
- Is a character education program AND
- Is charged a fee
- NEW IN 2015 – Tax credits can now pay for test fees for ACT and SAT
HERE’S HOW EASY IT IS:
1. Complete a TAX FORM with donation (get form from your campus)
2. BFCS will send you a thank you receipt for your donation.
3. When preparing your Arizona Tax Return, complete Arizona Tax Form 322 and include it with your BFCS receipt.
4. Itemization NO LONGER NECESSARY!
5. NEW deadline for designation: April 15 (no longer Dec. 31)
* See A.R.S. §§43-1021, 43-1087, 43-1088 for more information and please refer to your personal tax preparer to determine the application of this credit.