Why Benjamin Franklin Charter School?
Our leaders, teachers and staff are all dedicated to our purpose: providing students with an exceptional, well-rounded education, both in intellect and character. This leads to a supportive and fulfilling environment, where staff come alongside one another and lift each other up every single day. Our goal is to help our staff be the best they can be, so that in turn we can help our students be the best version of themselves.
In order to have a successful program, we structure our school around the belief that learning, hard-work, and fun are not mutually exclusive. We aim not only to educate students’ minds, but their hearts as well. We focus on personal development in everything we do at BFCS, whether through our core virtues program, curriculum choices, school values, or interactions in our classrooms. Our goal is to help our students become educated, responsible, and honorable citizens, who are ready to go out and change the world.
Full-Time Employee Benefits
- Paid Employee Medical Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Vision, Dental, and Vol Life Coverage
- Supplemental Benefits: motion, EAP, and weight loss programs
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) participant with 100% company match
- Employer paid Basic Life Insurance
- Accrued Sick Leave, Personal Leave, and Paid Holidays
Additional Benefits for Teachers
- Competitive Pay (starting teacher base salary is $46,000)
- 2 weeks off for Fall, Winter, and Spring Break, and one week off at Thanksgiving
- Free Spalding Training
- Unused PTO Payout
"What I love about Benjamin Franklin is the emphasis on learning combined with a warm, supportive community of parents, staff and students. Everyone involved strives to enhance the level of communication and interaction so that the students benefit from a cohesive learning environment. I teach here because I feel that I can directly impact the educational growth of my students. It is a dream come true to watch my students develop into curious, expressive, and intellectually stimulated young adults. Benjamin Franklin provides the platform that allows me to help them with that journey."